Monday, March 22, 2010

Engaged to Michael =)

(above, Michael and I after he proposed... I just got off the plane after having literally travelled around the world the past few days to get there!)


So the past week has been something completely unexpected. As everyone knows i've been deployed to Afghanistan. Last week however, very last minute my O-6 decided to send me all the way to Tampa to help train the new folks coming to our unit and to work on some support issues as well, so out of some miracle, I got flown all the way back to the states for one week. And out of complete luck, Michael had just finished his patrol and was home, he was able to come see me and we had the best week ever.... Michael proposed right on the tarmac when i came off the military rotary plane. I couldnt have been happier ...

We also got tattoos that we have been planning... we wrote each other poems and wanted to get each poem but the text was too long so we had to chop it to one line, we chose the line that Michael wrote for me, we each got it on our right calf, with each others names... I love it!