Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Scary Way Weekend 2008

(Formation Load attempt: Me, lower right corner looking back at Jane-who is docked on my leg but not in picture)
Above- Jane and I high-five in the landing area after both successfully docking on the formation!

Above- Jane and I Hug and walk back! =)

So what was this past weekend, Scary Ways? Well for my non-skydiving friends, we use the word "way" to describe the formation, i.e. if there are 4 people in it, we call it 4-way, five people, 5-way. This past weekend we attempted "Scary-ways" which was a play on words for halloween, and partly because when you do formation loads (more than one plane of jumpers building a formation) it can be a little "scary." But this weekend, we did several formation loads and only one dangerous thing happened (but no injuries and no one got hurt) and we built some beautiful formations. No records made, but this one that Jane and I were in, I think 25 made it into the formation, which is pretty darn good!

This weekend, was cool, I met Jane, from Pennsylvania, we surprisingly have a lot in common and she was great company , a great skydiver... definitely a cool chick! Should have met her sooner...
(Above- prejump pic by McDuck)

All in all, a good weekend.. missed dancing of course =( but I have one more big weekend of skydiving (Golden Knights Black and Gold event)... then it's all dancing for a while...
Juggling hobbies is sooooo difficult :/