Sunday, October 26, 2008

ALHC 2008...

Well... just got back from the American Lindy Hop Championships (ALHC). I have to say, people were right, this event is dying. It had some great dancers there, but not nearly as many as should have been there. But nonetheless, I had some fun.
Doug and I competed in the OPEN Strictly Lindy competition, and went up against some really good dancers, but we actually felt really good about our dancing and had people tell us we did good! Here is video from the spotlight portion of the comp, (sorry for the ghetto video, but it was kinda done on the DL) .
Doug and I placed 6 of 10, but 1 judge placed us 3rd and another 4th... so i'm happy two of them thought we were pretty good =)

SPOTLIGHT:



And despite not making finals in the jack and jill, (not sure why) here is one clip from one of my prelim dances... i'm number 217 (teal shirt black pants)

JACK N JILL PRELIM: