Monday, July 2, 2007

Wow.. Detour on the drive...





Alright folks... So you may think i'm crazy.. but Sunday 01JUL07 I did the coolest/craziest most exciting thing I think I've done in my life. I made my First BASE jump.. ie I jumped off a bridge and heres the video! For those of you who don't know, BASE stands for Building, Antenna, Span, Earth.



My skydiving friend, Dan, somehow convinced me to detour myself off of I80 saturday nite as i'm driving myself across country, and go all the way up to IDAHO to jump off a bridge, and while I thought I may go and just watch, I couldnt resist the offer to jump once I got there. This bridge is completely legal, so Dan let me borrow his rig and since he has over 120 BASE jumps, and thousands of skydives, he helped me out and pulled for me so I could concentrate on everything else.. so check it out.. the scream as I'm jumping was an "Oh S**t" of excitement not fear =) The whole experience was AWESOME, and i'm so doing that again..

Thanks Dan.. for inviting me, convincing me to drive out of the way bc you knew i'd love it, and helping me through it all (especially that crazy rock climb back up). I owe ya.. you're awesome! muah! Totally worth the 2hrs off track and delay of a day driving..
check back for pics bc i'll have those from another camera later this week =)