Sunday, June 22, 2008

1st Place Medal at VPC!!

(Above) Jeb (video), JennR8R (point), Tim (outside center), Me (tail), Jens (inside center) : "Spare Parts"

This weekend rocked! My team (pictured above) put together by Jenn, (thank you Jen for all the hard work finding teammates!), competed in the Virginia Parachute Council (VPC) 4-way meet this Saturday. We got off to a slow start, but after we got goin.. they couldn't stop us. We ended up winning FIRST PLACE! not to shabby for it being the first time we jumped together as a team.
With Tim and Jens, 4-way experience and Jen and I's eagerness to do well, we did quite well. I actually did not fly like I normally do and thought I might have ruined it for the team.. luckily my mess-ups did not do us in.
For all my nonskydiving friends.. the scores below represent the number of correct formations we did each round in 35 seconds from the time we jumped from the plane...
Stay tuned for possible video.. Jeb is burning a dvd of our jumps.. hopefully I can upload it.
AND.. my new canopy flew great.. by the end of the day, my landings were awesome...=)